An IT Engineer from Thessaloniki, Greece, currently pursuing a Master of Science in Information Systems at the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, specializing on Data Science and Software Technologies. My main interests include Web Mining & Data Mining as well as Text Mining & Machine Learning. I am also fascinated by Natural Language Processing, Social Computing and Web Development as well. Finally I am an amateur Travel Photographer.
Marie Curie Fellowship for the ENCASE European Research Programme.
As a member of the OSWINDS Research Group, I have participated in a number of research projects as listed below:
- Crowdsourcing opinions related to match fixing and creating a visualization tool to present the outcomes of the project, for the Erasmus+ european Research Programme, Fix the Fixing.
- Studying the impact of external resources on Twitter Information Diffusion process, in collaboration with Zayed University, Dubai.
- Outgoing fellowship with Telefonica, Spain, for the ENCASE European Research Programme.
SheSharp is a technological community based on Thessaloniki, which aims on promoting the engagement of women with computer-oriented technologies. To achieve our goal, we organize workshops and events, while we also work on some hands-on projects.
I have been one of the founders of this team and my main responsibilities include the Community Management as well as the management of the teams' Social Media. Other than that, I am engaged with some web development tasks and the Public Relations needs of the community.
Research and implementation of an algorithm related to geo-tagging on Flickr images.
Here is a list of my projects and projects I have been a part of.
Crowd-sourcing in Social Media, including Twitter and Youtube, regarding match fixing and bet fixing as part of the ongoing Erasmus+ project FIX the FIXING: Proactive quelling of sports events manipulation (Collaborative Partnership). Tasks included:
- Perform social media mining regarding match fixing cases
- Enable automatic data visualization of the results
- Build a tool for sentiment analysis of short informal texts
- Develop a web platform for the presentation of the results
- Koursoumis, Gkatzou, Founta et al. “Learning to Case-tag Modern Greek Text”. Proceedings of the 7th Hellenic Conference on Artificial Intelligence – SETN 2012. Hellenic Artificial Intelligence Society (EETN), Lamia, 28-31 May 2012.
Skills & Proficiency
Data Mining Algorithms (LDA, KMeans, DBScan)
Statistical Data Analysis
Front-end Web Development (HTML5, CSS3, JS, Bootstrap)
The scholarship was given to me as I ranked first between the candidates of the Postgraduate Studies Programme of the Informatics Department, AUTh. My responsibilities included being an assistant of the Operating Systems course as well as the Web Information Systems course of the Undergraduate Studies Programme of the Department. As an assistant I had to make some lectures, create and mark projects and create numerous self-assessments to help the students better understand each lecture.
The scholarship was given to me as I ranked first between the students of the Postgraduate Studies Programme of the Informatics Department, AUTh. My responsibilities included being an assistant of the Web Information Systems course as well as the Operating Systems course of the Undergraduate Studies Programme of the Department. As an assistant I had to make some lectures and arrange some guest lectures and create and mark some projects for both courses.